Your life is perfect. You are a man’s man who goes for beers with your buddies after your shift at work is over. Your strenuous workout has given you a physique that has all the girls drooling over you. In such circumstances you might think that you needn’t worry about your sexual wellness; however, don’t be fooled.
Sexual issues can creep in at any age, despite your marital status. Stress, over-masturbation, smoking and drinking are a few of the reasons for declining sexual health in men. There are guys with attractive looks and a big wallet, who suffer from sexual health issues for no apparent reasons.
If you are dealing with bad sexual health, including issues such as premature ejaculation, a small penis and erectile dysfunction issues, don’t despair. There are numerous sexual wellness strategies you can implement in your life to make everything better. So, stay tuned. In this article, you will learn about some effective sexual wellness strategies, which will help maintain your sexual health and perhaps even help you be a sex god, even at the age of 80.
Without further ado, let’s dive straight into the 15 sexual wellness strategies for single guys looking for love.
1. Bid Adieu to Your Heavy Drinking Days
Before you shrug off this advice, just read on for a bit and decide for yourself. You must have heard that a glass of red wine will work wonders sexually by increasing your libido, but let’s not confuse occasional drinking with a drinking addiction.
Numerous studies have shown that consuming alcohol is a double-edged sword for your sexual well-being. Recommended quantities of drinks help you to relax your nerves when you are in bed, but larger amounts interfere with your blood circulation. This in turn will affect your penis so that erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation is inevitable.
Do you need more convincing to quit, or at least cut down? All reputed doctors of the world have attributed shrinking of testicles and penis length, and gynecomastia to alcoholism.
Keep reading to find out the ways in which you can kick your excessive drinking habit to the curb.
- Know the reason behind your desire to quit. Make a pros and cons list, and if you find that drinking is doing you more harm than good, quit. One way to at least cut down is to find a new hobby or pick up an old one. This will keep you focused on something else, and you won’t miss drinking.
- Make your environment alcohol-free. Get rid of all the bottles of alcohol you have stashed away in your home bar and in the attic, so you won’t be tempted. Refrain from going for outings with your friends whenever drinks are involved, or at least cut down on joining them. Even if you join them, try to stick to non-alcoholic drinks or alternate with water or soda to cut back. Basically, avoid triggers as much as you can.
- Find alternative activities. Play golf, join a gym, help your children with their homework, go for a solo vacation around the world, the possibilities are practically limitless. Keep yourself busy, so that you don’t think about drinking as much as you did before.
- Seek help from friends, family and strangers. No one understands your struggles more than your friends and family. You can always ask them for help in your journey towards an alcohol-free life. However, if you don’t want them to find you weak and vulnerable, you should join an Alcoholic Anonymous meeting and share your experiences with strangers who know exactly how you feel.
2. Balls Over Brains: Keep Cancer Away for Your Sexual Wellness
Approximately 8,000 men between the ages of 15 and 45 are at high risk of suffering from testicular cancer, but you don’t need to stress over it. If you take the adequate precautions and give yourself a testicular exam at least once in a month you can decrease your chances of getting cancer. It is worth noting that it is possible to cure cancer in testicles by early detection.
In case you feel awkward to get your sexual health status checked by a doctor, you can do it at home by yourself. Here are the steps to follow if you want to screen yourself of testicular cancer at home.
- The Bathing Routine: Make the most of the luxurious hot bath at the end of a tiring day. Warm water helps in relaxing the muscles in your groin and pulls up your slippery testicles to the scrotum for ease of handling in the next steps.
- The Cupping Routine: Start out by cupping your scrotum, using two hands. Feel up the size of each testicle at once. Don’t get stressed if they don’t seem to be exactly identical, but ideally there should not be an extreme difference in size.
- The Go Gentle Routine: Use your thumb, middle and index fingers to feel up each of your testicles individually. Keep rolling the testicles in between your fingers so that you can examine the entire surface using a bit of light pressure. There should not be any lumps or bumps.
Remember, don’t start panicking if you indeed manage to find a bump on your testicles. More often than not, the lumps at the back of your testicle would be there because of the presence of a small tube called epididymis. Still, if you want to be 100 percent sure, consult your doctor.
3. You Can Be a Sex Appealing Guy: Lose Your Belly Fat and Weight
It is vital that you remain healthy in order to enjoy your sexual life to the fullest. In case atherosclerosis blocks your arteries, the condition where the arterial walls become narrow due to plaque deposits, your sexuality may decline.
The good news is that you can prevent your chances of atherosclerosis by making some minor changes to your lifestyle. Are you wondering how you can prevent atherosclerosis? Read on.
- Exercise to lose the excess weight if you are obese.
- Avoid rich and fatty foods from your diet plan.
- Stop smoking and drinking.
- Make sure you don’t suffer from diabetes. In case you do, try not to let your condition become aggravated.
Here’s an interesting fact about your penis: The amount of blood circulating in your groin through the intricate network of penile arteries will determine whether your penis is limp, or whether it’s hard and thick when you indulge in sexual intercourse. So, you can increase your sexual stamina and health by improving your blood circulation.
4. Forget the Fast Food: Avoid Unhealthy Fats to Remain Fit
In general, you should cut down on your fatty foods intake in order to remain healthy and maintain your sexual wellness. Trans fatty acids, also known as hydrogenated oils are one of the harmful fatty acids that you should surely avoid.
Manufacturers create trans fats from oils that go through the process of hydrogenation. When oils go through hydrogenation, they are heated to high temperatures and chemically altered, making them cancer causing. These fatty acids are responsible for causing numerous diseases such as heart disease, obesity, cancer, and diabetes. They can damage the body even when you consume them even in small amounts.
Those men who suffer from cardio vascular diseases and eventually from problems in their sex life because of their poor heart health can substitute meat for fish. Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids are eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are in abundance in fish. So, you don’t have to worry about sexual nutrition again.
Here is a list of fish that you should consume for improved circulation and sexual health:
- Albacore tuna
- Lake trout
Even though fish helps keep you healthy, there are some that have toxins like dioxins and PCBs in them. For example, striped bass, bluefish and farmed salmon can lower your testosterone levels over a sustained period of their consumption.
5. Kick the Butts: Smoking is an Absolute Sexuality Killer
The leading doctors across the world agree that, in most cases of sexual dysfunction in men, the cause is smoking addiction. Not only does the nicotine, which enters your body through smoking, reduce the quality and count of your sperm, but it can also lead to serious conditions, such as erectile dysfunction (ED).
Besides, nicotine damages the arterial walls which direct the blood to your penis and encourages plaque buildup, thus causing atherosclerosis. It prevents your penis from being reactive to the sexual stimulus and makes it tough for you to achieve and retain an erection. All is not lost, though: The best part about quitting smoking is that there is lots of help available to you.
Go on through these strategizes on how you are going to be smoking addiction free in a jiffy.
- Nicotine stimulates all the pleasure inducing cells in your brain. Thus, you should actively engage in other enjoyable activities, so that you don’t miss smoking.
- In the initial stages of quitting, try vaping, which would give you the feeling of smoking without the side effects.
- Vaping is smoking an electronic cigarette, which is not harmful.
- Use nicotine patches, lozenges and gum to help you curb your smoke cravings.
- Avoid people and environments who and which might trigger you smoking habits.
- Maintain a journal to record the progress you are making in quitting your addiction, so that you always get some assurance that you are moving forward.
6. Quiz Time: Is Your Medication Guilty?
Only a few men realize that their erectile dysfunction is due to the consumption of some over the counter drugs, prescribed medicines and illegal substances that they consume to keep themselves on a high.
Your sexual wellbeing is getting hampered due to the medications you are taking to treat yourself of diseases you suffer from. The unfortunate thing is that you are not even aware of the side effects that these medicines are causing.
First and foremost, you need to be aware of which drugs take a toll on your sexual wellness, so that you can take steps to prevent them in the first place. Some of the diseases you should be wary about are:
- High blood pressure
- Benign prostate enlargement
- High cholesterol
In case you already suffer from one or more of the diseases, you should categorically ask your doctor to explain the side effects of all the pills that they have prescribed.
Ask them to change your medication, in case you are not comfortable with the side effects or ask them to lower the dosage.
Experts recommend that you should not use marijuana, heroin or steroids as they have the capability to permanently destroy your ability to reproduce.
7. Creating a Win-Win Situation for All Foodies Out There
Food and sex go hand in hand, provided you know how to pair them correctly. There are some food products which act as aphrodisiacs, stimulating the blood circulation in your body and guarantee strong erections naturally.
Keep reading to find out which food products you need to buy on your next trip to the supermarket for your sexual wellness.
- Peppers and Chilies: These spices induce inflammation and hypertension in your body, and stimulate blood circulation in your penis.
- Garlic and Onion: These foods help to control the circulation of blood and enhance your sexual wellness. However, after their consumption, remember to chew some minty gums before you head to the bedroom.
- Bananas: The potassium in bananas lowers your blood pressure and ensures a sexual performance your partner wouldn’t be able to forget easily.
- Eggs: It doesn’t matter whether you have them sunny side up or scrambled, eggs keep your testosterone levels on an all-time high, by balancing the hormone levels in your body.
- Vitamin B1 Rich foods: The foods rich in Vitamin B1 stimulate your nervous system so that you are more responsive to sexual stimuli and are able to enjoy intercourse more. You can get your fill from pork, liver, dried milk, nuts, beef, seeds, oranges, legumes, oats and yeast.
8. Reduce Stress: It is Bad for Sex
Physical stress gives a fatal blow to your sexual wellness by increasing your blood pressure to an unnatural level. Psychological stress, on the other hand, prevents you from achieving an earth-shattering orgasm by causing erectile dysfunction.
Talking about your stress problems to your friends and family, exercising or getting help from a psychological counselor can help you restore your sexual health. You can eradicate or reduce stress through the following ways:
- Have enough sleep. You should sleep for at least eight hours to give needed stress to your body.
- Engage in outdoor activities. Exercises like swimming, walking, jogging, running and football can help to reduce your stress dramatically.
- Have some fun. Go for activities such as partying, dancing and trekking to keep your stress at bay.
- Go on vacation. Take some time from your busy schedule to enjoy a memorable vacation with loved ones. It is an effective stress buster
- Do meditation. The human mind controls and coordinates every human activity. Engage in activities such as meditation, to build up the mind so as to maintain the proper functioning of the body.
9. The Secret behind the Sun treatment
Whenever you go out for a walk on the green meadows underneath the warm sunshine, the sunlight is working wonders for your sex life and sexual fitness. Sunlight hinders the production of the hormone melatonin, which suppresses your sexual hormones.
- Slather on some sunscreen and allow your skin to soak in as much sunlight as possible.
- Make it a point to get more sunlight during the winter season, as your body tends to produce the maximum melatonin during that time. Before you know it, you will notice an upsurge in your sexual urges.
10. Masturbation for Lasting Longer in Bed, Improved Health and Better Sex
A vital part of sexual wellness is being able to last long during sexual intercourse. You can increase your sexual stamina through masturbation.
Sex is a healthy way to increase your longevity in bed, but in case your partner is not in the mood, you should resort to masturbating. Don’t rush through the entire process, but rather take your time. Try to hold back the desire to ejaculate, and make it last as long as you can. Be careful and don’t get addicted to masturbation, as it might have detrimental effects on your sexual health.
Men struggle with their sexual wellness in India, because even the idea of masturbating or any other self-pleasuring process is a taboo in this country. However, since it’s highly unlikely that the moral police would intrude into your personal space, you can do what you have to do for the sake of your sexual fitness.
11. Are You Paying Attention to Your Love?
No matter what you are doing to keep your sexual wellness up to standard, if you are not paying adequate attention to the sexual needs of your partner, you are running your sex life. After all, sexual intercourse is not a one-way street.
Before you focus on yourself, turn your attention to your partner and alternate your pace to hit that sweet spot where both of you orgasm like never before.
It is vital to understand the significance of foreplay during love-making. Without extended foreplay, your woman will not be as sexually aroused and may not have adequate moisture to lubricate her vagina. This makes it even harder for sexual intercourse to take place.
12. Consider Preventive Treatment Options To Improve Your Sexual Health
All men should ensure that their sexual health remains in top-notch condition in their sexual peak as well as when they are 80 years old. It is never too late to start thinking about your sexual wellness. So, if you are a middle aged man who wants to bring back his sexual vigor, don’t be embarrassed.
In addition to following the sexual wellness strategies, you should undergo preventive treatments to stop your body from experiencing erectile dysfunction during intercourse. With the advancement of modern science, you can now access therapy, drug treatments with Viagra and even penile injections and surgery; however, such treatments can cause damaging side effects.
13. Natural Sex Booster To Increase Your Libido
If you are looking for a safer treatment, try natural male enhancement products, such as Prosolution pills. This pill guarantees that you experience thicker, harder and stronger erections once you start using it. The regular usage of this supplement ensures that you experience a massive increase in your sexual stamina, so that you can enjoy your sex life with multiple orgasms.
Remember to consult your doctor and visit a sexual wellness center for the treatment course, which would be best suited to your needs.
14. Sleep is Necessary for Better Sexual Health
Most men ignore the fact that testosterone levels are at highest in the wee hours of the morning. Thus, getting less than eight hours of sleep or irregular sleeping patterns would eventually be harmful to sexual health.
Switch off all your gadgets, drink a glass of warm milk and sleep at a respectable time if you want to ensure a long lasting sex life.
15. Exercise and Long Walks for Stimulating Your Sexual Wellness
Any sexual wellness definition remains incomplete if you have not incorporated exercise and workouts into your daily routine. The lining of your blood cells, which are comprised of the endothelial cells, gets filled with blood whenever you spend time exercising.
Proper exercise triggers the formation of nitric oxide, a useful substance which causes erections in men. Exercising will help you to lose weight, as well. It helps you boost your testosterone levels and increase your libido, creating a higher sexual performance. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Try out kegels to increase your pelvic strength.
- Tone your upper body for effective sexual stamina.
- Stretch your calves and quads for avoiding cramps.
Ideally, you should start incorporating these sexual wellness ideas and strategies into your life from today onwards. Be a good friend by sharing some of the tips you learned with your best friends, and be amazed by how you become everyone’s object of awe overnight.